Dispensations and permits

Special regulations apply in Laponia’s national parks and nature reserves. The regulations concern what you are allowed to do when you are in Laponia.

It is possible to receive dispensation or a permit to carry out activities that are not permitted under the regulations. To receive dispensation or permits, contact the County Administrative Board in Norrbotten County. Laponiatjuottjudus, which administrates Laponia World Heritage Site, is not an authority, but advises the County Administrative Board.

Sometimes you need to pay an examination fee for the County Administrative Board to deal with your application. There are also many Natura 2000 areas in Laponia and you may also need a Natura 2000 application.

Read more about all this on the County Administrative Board website

When you apply for planning permission in the World Heritage Site or intend to take building timber in accordance with reindeer herding rights, you must notify Laponiatjuottjudus. Planning permission matters are otherwise dealt with by the municipalities.